ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest
The top teams from around the world come together each year to determine the best of the best of the best at the International Collegiate Programming Contest World Finals. The contest fosters creativity, teamwork, and innovation in building new software programs, and enables students to test their ability to perform under pressure. Quite simply, it is the oldest, largest, and most prestigious programming contest in the world.
My role in this annual event is with the ICPC News video team, which I joined at the 2017 World Finals in Rapid City, South Dakota. Other contributors on this team consisted of volunteers and freelancers from CNN, The New York Times, and LEGO Education.
My responsibilities included:
- Collaborating with team members to produce interesting highlights about the location, contestants, and events.
- Conducting interviews with representatives from sponsors (IBM, Hulu, etc.) as well as contestants.
- Editing aforementioned highlights and interviews, in addition to videos documenting all 140 teams participating from around the world.
- Creating intro, outro, and lower third animations used throughout the contest.
- Operating cameras while patrolling the floor during the 6-hour live broadcast of the contest.